Policy & Project Officer at Ocean Energy Europe, Belgium
Ocean Energy Europe is looking for Policy & Project Officer who will lead “ETIP Ocean”, the Technology and Innovation Platform for Ocean Energy, as well as engage on other projects and policy matters. ETIP Ocean 2.0 is a 3-year project with a strong policy focus on RD&I issues and strategic sectoral development.
The Policy & Project Officer will ensure that this project and other initiatives deliver the maximum possible benefits for the European ocean energy sector. Examples of expected project outputs include: convincing position papers and reports, initiatives that generate positive visibility, informative and engaging events for sector stakeholders.
S/he will be equally responsible for the professional coordination and administration of these projects. S/he will be a part of Ocean Energy Europe’s policy team and report to the Policy Director.
- Ensure ETIP Ocean 2 fulfils its objectives and deliverables, and delivers wider sectoral benefits
- Write policy documents – from position papers to fully-fledged published reports such as the Ocean Energy Forum Roadmap
- Secure informative and engaging speakers for meetings, events and webinars
- Represent the association at events and meetings, to a professional standard
- Build good relations and work collaboratively with industry stakeholders – technology & project developers, academics, supply chain actors, national authorities
- Make proposals as to how EU projects & policy can best serve the sector
- Consult sector stakeholders and extract useful information and perspectives
- Manage project(s) and ensure that timelines for all actions and deliverables are respected by OEE and other project partners
- Manage and expand the 400+ strong participant list of ETIP Ocean
- Organise meetings, events and webinars
- Prepare, execute and report on project budgets & finances
- Complete reporting for the project to the satisfaction of OEE management and the European Commission
- Assist with any OEE matters: membership recruitment, conference organisation
- Help with Belgian and EU administrative processes where necessary
More information can be found here.