Operations Associate, Volunteer Management at UNDP, Germany
The Volunteer Services Centre in Bonn, Germany, is looking for an Operations Associate, who coordinates volunteer services for a specific region and provides support for volunteer management services for different volunteer modalities and schemes.
Provision of volunteer management services
- Provide volunteer management services encompassing the full cycle of volunteers’ engagement, from initial assignment through deployment and separation, in adherence to established regulations and policies;
- Implement relevant components in the Volunteer Management Applications Modules (VMAM);
- Guide and support UN Volunteers and UNV’s managers on the Conditions of Service for the different volunteer modalities, as well as and on the volunteer management cycle, and prepare specific briefs and guidance notes, as required, including for on-boarding;
- Contribute to the improvement of workflows identifying bottlenecks and proposing solutions to streamline processes. Alert on deficiencies or risks and escalate related issues to direct supervisor’s consideration;
- Liaise with Regional Offices and Field Units to look into special situations and provide guidance on applicable regulations, rules and policies to ensure full compliance with accountability framework;
- Provide support to developing and regularly adjusting both Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) and client-focused agency-adapted procedures to facilitate the management of the Conditions of Service;
- Serve on a rotational basis as a focal point for the Centre on specific roles.
Volunteer management coordination and technical support
- Liaise with other team members in the Volunteer Services Centre, Regional Offices and Field Units to keep abreast of evolving demand for international UN Volunteers in the region;
- Support new VMAM procedures and volunteer management modules as they are introduced and provide input to their design and application;
- Contribute to the development, update and maintenance of procedures concerning the management of the Conditions of Service and ensure their consistent application;
- Contribute to the analysis of the regional Volunteer Service Centre results, report on trends and propose changes for improvements of services related to volunteer management.
- As requested, represent the Volunteer Service Centre’s interests in corporate tasks, including serving as focal point for various working groups.
Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide inputs to the design of training materials and corporate activities towards building the recruitment capacity of personnel at the regional and country level;
- Work directly with Field Units to support volunteer management/administration and provide remote or on-sight training to new staff;
- Synthesize lessons learnt and best practices in deployment and volunteer management services to leverage client satisfaction;
- Make contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Provide inputs and feedback for the improvement of IT support systems and related processes that enable the Centre’s timely and quality delivery.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Ability to make decisions that align with strategy and vision
- Ability to perform administrative and procedural activities to ensure that quality requirements and goals are fulfilled
Relationship Management and Partnerships
- Ability to engage with other agencies / parties
- Ability to manage programmes and projects with a strategy aimed at improved performance and demonstrable results
- Ability to identify and execute opportunities to improve operational efficiency
- Ability to efficiently handle and share information and knowledge
- Secondary education with technical training in business administration, human resources or related areas;
- University degree in human resources, business or public administration is desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 6 years of relevant experience in personnel and business processes management;
- Knowledge of the conditions of service of the UN Common System or of international organizations is an asset.
- Fluency in English and working level of Spanish.
More information can be found here.