Agriculture & Food Security Practice Associate at Chemonics, USA
Chemonics is conducting an internal and external recruit for an Agriculture & Food Security(AFS) Practice Associate in the West and Central Africa and Haiti Regional Business Unit.
The Agriculture & Food Security Practice aims to facilitate inclusive market system development while improving nutrition outcomes and climate-smart agriculture practices. The practice works with smallholder farmers and non-farm market system actors to reduce risks, improve production practices, and increase trade by assessing the market system, identifying constraints, facilitating market-based solutions to improve agriculture productivity, and using social behaviour change communications to effect change.
WCAFH’s regional portfolio includes thirteen projects spanning a wide range of technology sectors. Our robust new business market is equally diverse and promises plenty of opportunities to those willing to take on new and exciting roles. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Assist in the development of practice communications materials including brochures, infographics, blog posts, and website material for internal and external distribution. Engage home office staff, field office staff, and consultants in the development of knowledge products to contribute to Chemonics and client learning agendas in the technical sector
- Advocate for and support opportunities for projects to communicate successes and innovations through conferences, internal and external events, newsletters, websites, and social media
- Maintain knowledge in the technical discipline and begins to expand versatility in international development work by attending relevant conferences, lectures, panel discussions and educational workshops; reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Track and annually collect company development achievement indicators related to the technical sector
- Provide basic technical information and develops ideas and hypotheses based on research to support new business efforts, Chemonics’ knowledge base, other practice networks, and other work products as requested
- Contribute to organizing and developing internal technical events and opportunities to encourage the distribution of best practices, technical innovations, and support improved knowledge sharing
- Develop and maintain Chemonics’ roster of current and potential consultants and partners to share with project and proposal teams, and other tools and resources as directed
- Design and facilitate opportunities for capacity development of home office staff, including technical trainings, external learning opportunities, webinars, and information-sharing
- Foster and support initiatives and activities with other technical practices at Chemonics to develop corporate capability in cross-sectoral approaches
- Support management of assigned indefinite quantity contracts, including drafting and managing subcontract agreements and maintaining consortium partner relationships
- Demonstrate an understanding of international development, foreign assistance programming, and Chemonics’ present and past contributions
- Participate in proposal teams around the company and may mentor others
- Coach, mentor, and train staff on Chemonics’ policies and procedures, and approaches in technical sectors
- Foster and demonstrate a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation and exceeding expectations
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, agriculture, food security, or related field required; master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant project or contract management experience with an ability to solve administrative and operational issues
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel and work abroad a minimum of 4 to 8 weeks per year
- Ability to make significant contributions to end products and direct others to achieve results
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-moving team
- Successful work experience in a developing country; experience living or working in Africa preferred
- Demonstrated interest in agriculture and food security preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- French language proficiency preferred
More information can be found here.