Fees and Funding

PARTICIPATION COSTS

Participation costs are 9 000 € per year for students from Partner Countries and 4 500 € per year for students from Programme Countries. Participation costs include tuition fees, administrative costs (e.g. enrolment fees, student card, library fees, orientation week/day) and insurance. For EMJMD Scholarship Holders participation costs are covered by the EMJMD Scholarship (paid directly to the Consortium, not to students).

SCHOLARSHIPS

All applicants can apply for an EMJMD Scholarship and a Consortium Scholarship. Candidates that have already been awarded an EMJMD/EMMC Scholarship cannot receive the EMJMD Scholarship again.

EMJMD Scholarship

The EMJMD scholarship (20 students) will be offered to candidates based on their results from the admission process, subject to EMJMD nationality/geographical restrictions. The scholarship can be awarded only to 3 candidates having the same nationality. 75 % of the scholarships are offered to Partner countries* candidates, the remaining 25 % of the scholarships are offered to Programme countries* candidates.

The EMJMD scholarship includes:

  • student participation costs (paid directly to the Consortium);
  • contribution to student travel and installation costs and subsistence allowance for the duration of the program (paid to the Scholarship Holder).

Description of components of Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Scholarships

 

EMJMD Scholarship holders from Erasmus+ Partner countries*

EMJMD Scholarship holders from Erasmus+ Programme countries** 

Contribution to the participation costs (corresponds to the tuition fees and directly reimbursed from the scholarship)

9 000 € per year per scholarship holder

4 500 € per year per scholarship holder

Contribution to travel and installation costs

Travel costs:

  • 2 000 € per year per scholarship holder resident of a Partner Country whose location is less than 4 000 km away from Olomouc
  • 3 000 € per year per scholarship holder resident of a Partner Country whose location is 4 000 km or more away from Olomouc

Installation costs:

1 000 € per scholarship holder resident of a Partner Country

Travel costs:

1 000 € per year per scholarship holder resident of a Programme Country

Contribution to subsistence costs

1 000 € per month (24 months maximum)

Contribution to subsistence costs will not be given to scholarship holders for periods they spend in their country of residence.

Contribution to subsistence costs will not be given to Partner Country scholarship holders for periods exceeding 3 months spent in any Partner Country.

* Programme Countries: member states of the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Turkey and Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.

 Contribution to subsistence costs will not be given to scholarship holders for the periods of the program (study and research/internship) held in their country of residence.

 ** Partner Countries: other countries which are not considered as Programme Countries.

Contribution to subsistence costs will not be given to scholarship holders for the periods of the program (study and research/internship) held in their country of residence, nor to scholarship holders from a Partner Country for a period of the program which exceeds three months spent in any Partner Country. 

Students whose nationality is one of the Erasmus+ Partner Countries and who are not residents nor have carried out their main activity (studies, training or work) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in a Programme Country are considered as Partner Country students.

Insurance

All students supported by the EMJMD Scholarship will be provided health insurance according to Erasmus+ guidelines. The insurance covers the scholarship holder’s stay at consortium universities as well as the internship/research period, both in Programme and Partner Countries.

Consortium Scholarship

The consortium may award several Consortium Scholarships to selected students, which cover GLODEP tuition fee (3 000 € per year) or its part. Any other expenses, such as accommodation, travel, installation, insurance and subsistence are not paid by the scholarship.

SELF-FUNDED STUDENTS

Tuition fees charged to self-funded students are 3 000 € per year. As the tuition fee is lower than the participation costs, the difference is partly born by the Consortium and partly by the self-funded student. Therefore, the tuition fee does not cover administrative fees and insurance.

Updated: 18.1.2017